Ministry of Health and Child Care continues to encourage the use of masks to curb the spread of Covid-19.
When to Use a Mask
The following are situations in which people are encouraged to use masks.
- For healthy people wear a mask only if you are taking care of a person with suspected COVID-19 infection
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing
- Masks are effective only if used in combination with frequent hand sanitizing with alcohol sanitizer or soap and water
- If you wear a mask you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
How to Use and Dispose of a Mask
- Avoid touching the mask while using it
- If you touch the mask while using it, clean your hands with sanitizer or water and soap.
How to Put on, Use, take off and Dispose of a Mask
- Before putting on a mask clean hands with sanitizer or water and soap
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it becomes damp
- To remove the mask: Remove it from behind ( do not touch the front of the mask)
- Immediately discard into a closed bin.
- Clean hands with sanitizer or soap under running water
- Do not re-use single use masks
Continue practising hand hygiene